Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Closer

I'm one day and about 7 pages away from being done with this semester. My exams have gone pretty poorly so far, despite studying well over 20 hours. Some things just don't register with me--they're called statistics. Agroecology was insane, Agrarian Studies worse, and one more Community Development paper for it's over. I've got about 3 hours of sleep in me and am sick.

I'm getting better though.

I couldn't fall asleep last night until about 4:30am, and probably should have just studied more. Instead I laid in bed, way more stressed then I should ever allow myself to be. I turned over onto my right side and the pillow smelled like the room I slept in at my farm in Wales. Although strange, this really calmed me down. I feel like I haven't had a good scent-association in a while.

I get to take Sammy home for the winter break again this year, which I am very ready for.

I'm competing on a local game show called Scrambled Squares tonight. My brain is totally scrambled. I think I will meditate for the first time in maybe 6 months.

No comments: